1999 xlt explorer parts

Jeff Sch

Reaction score
City, State
Bismarck, ND
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 XLT
Hi Guys,

Looking for some advice from you experts. I bought a 99 xlt explorer that was rolled and the body parts are pretty well gone. It only had 28,000 miles on it. It's a 5.0 with 4 speed automatic. The drivetrain is in great shape. I would like to keep the engine and need to get rid of the rest of the drivetrain so I can get the left overs to the junk yard. I'm willing to take the best offers for the parts. I'm trying to decide if it would be better to just junk the whole thing. I've worked on cars before but have done little with 4x4's. What would be a decent price for the remaining drivetrain and body at the junk yard? I* live in Bismarck, ND so shipping any parts might cost too much.
Thanks, Jeff

Welcome to this forum! Junk yards won't pay for parts. They might just give you $50-$100 for the whole vehicle. I bought some parts from junk yards, and didn't use them. None of them were willing to take them back, even at a loss. You could advertise the stuff on this site, but you have to sign up for an elite membership first. You could sell the frame to a scrap metal place after you remove the drivetrain.

99 with 28K??? What a great find!!

Back