19E02 - Powertrain Control Module Reprogramming ??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

19E02 - Powertrain Control Module Reprogramming ???

ScooterMcGee

Reaction score
City, State
Shucktown, MS.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Police Interceptor
This is recommended by ETIS, so is this good juju or simply a Ralph Nader do-gooder reprogram that will neuter my machine?

Would the dealer do this even if I tell them no thanks? How could I definitively tell?

I figure it's better to ask this crew now, than cry & moan later.

Whaddayasay? :dunno:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mine was done the other day when it went in for a warranty battery replacement. So far I haven't noticed a difference other than shifting is a little more smoother.

I had mine done, didnt notice anything. They also re calibrated something for the catalytic converter as part of a recall. Engine light came back on with code PO420 so ford says the cats have to be replaced (under the recall) Apparently their 1st step is re calibrating and that "should" fix the issue.. and if not physical replacement

Thanks for the replies, I guess I'll get it done. Any problems I'll post 'em up here.

I had mine done, didnt notice anything. They also re calibrated something for the catalytic converter as part of a recall. Engine light came back on with code PO420 so ford says the cats have to be replaced (under the recall) Apparently their 1st step is re calibrating and that "should" fix the issue.. and if not physical replacement

Did they charge you for the physical replacement?

Had my 17 done last week. Prior to update, it was a little slow/delayed on shifts under light acceleration and usually 'clunked' from p to d or r to d. Now, it goes right into gear without any hesitation and shifts with a bit more expediency (less lag). Seems like a positive/improvement, but time will tell.

My ‘16 was done when the light came on and all was covered under recall.

Just got my '13 back yesterday. Seems like shifting up and down is smoother (for both light and heavy acceleration). So far so good.

My 2017 was done Friday. No noticable difference.

I did my own. I have IDS and updated a couple of modules to the latest calibration including the PCM. I didn't notice any discernable change.

Back