2.5 months until build date?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2.5 months until build date??

Avi8tir

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
N/A
My company placed the order on 6/28. Acknowledged by Ford on 7/2. Finally got my build date -- 9/13.

Seriously? Is this normal?

FYI - this is for a Limited - no additional options.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is what normal? 8 1/2 weeks for a build on a brand new model that isnt up to speed yet on the assembly line, yes it is.

There are plenty of customer orders that were aced in Jan-May that havent been built yet since assembly just started a month ago.

My company placed the order on 6/28. Acknowledged by Ford on 7/2. Finally got my build date -- 9/13.

I would say that 8 1/2 weeks is really good, especially for the 2020 production startup run. I believe that the usual time given by dealers is 8 - 10 weeks during mid-production.

Peter

Yes there are delays at CAP, production of the 2020 is being run at the same time the CAP is undergoing huge renovations and they are not finished. Mine was pushed back as well.

I placed my order 5/29 and have a build date of 9/7 so yes, this is normal.

Does anybody know the current status of the Canadian Aviators.

Does anybody know the current status of the Canadian Aviators.

Aviators both gas and PHEV are being built right now, no info specifically on Canadian version but likely they are shipping.

Is what normal? 8 1/2 weeks for a build on a brand new model that isnt up to speed yet on the assembly line, yes it is.

There are plenty of customer orders that were aced in Jan-May that havent been built yet since assembly just started a month ago.
Didn't assembly start back on May 5th or something like that?

Didn't assembly start back on May 5th or something like that?

Yes, of stock orders, retail didnt begin till a little over 6 weeks later.

I placed my order 4/25. Went "in production" in late June. Its still in production. My actually build date was 7/13. Customer order tracker shows a date of 7/19. However its still in production. Dealer tracking shows, primary as in production, seconday is Origin Received - (Auto Warehousing) Ramp 06. Chicago Asy, IL. Anybody have any insights as to what that means?!?! My dealer is telling me once Origin has been received that means the vehicle is produced waiting shipment. If that was the case then why isn't the primary produced secondary waiting for shipment??. Any insights would be great.

Sorry probably wrong place for this but thought i ask a general question. Also thought I share order schedule example.

Back