2 inch lift and dunes | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2 inch lift and dunes

Reaction score
City, State
pinckney, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 ford explorer sport
how would a skyjacker 2 inch lift and RANCHO RS5000 shocks do on a all stock 94 ford explorer sport 4x4 do on the sand dune to have a little fun cause i don't want to break it and i don't have all the money in the world.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

if you dont have all the money in the world, then dont buy a skyjacker lift....that being said, you can do a 2 inch lift using F150 coil spacers for the front and an AAL (add a leaf) or lift shackles for the rear.
i wouldnt be too concerned about height of the vehicle as much, i would be more concerned about the transmission and tires. i assume your ex is an auto trans?

Actually a stock explorer does really good in silverlake, I had mine there about 2 months ago, ran 2wd the whole time and did great.

I have been beating on 2" skyjacker coils with rear shackles and RS5000s for over a year now and I have no complaints. However I don't run in the desert, mostly on road with the the intermittent trail ride.

Back