2 questions | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2 questions

1. has any one used these?
http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.aspx?jeep-sid=82&plID=0&partID=11974
thinking about putting them on my front bumper.

2. does any one know where i can find pics and a step by step wiring guide on how to splice in to my back up lights, i picked up 2 wal mart super white lights or what ever and there mounted on the back bumper. i use them for back up lights since mine are dull and im tired of manually turning them on and off.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

1. has any one used these?
http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.aspx?jeep-sid=82&plID=0&partID=11974
thinking about putting them on my front bumper.

2. does any one know where i can find pics and a step by step wiring guide on how to splice in to my back up lights, i picked up 2 wal mart super white lights or what ever and there mounted on the back bumper. i use them for back up lights since mine are dull and im tired of manually turning them on and off.

1. I don't have experience with those lights, but they look like they will work fine.

2. As far as wiring the reverse lights, what I would do is run a fused wire from the battery to the rear of the truck to a relay. Connect the switching wire of the relay to one of the current wires there for the stock reverse lights. Then take the output wire for the relay to the pos. for the lights, and then ground the negative light wire to the frame somwhere hidden.

1. I don't have experience with those lights, but they look like they will work fine.

2. As far as wiring the reverse lights, what I would do is run a fused wire from the battery to the rear of the truck to a relay. Connect the switching wire of the relay to one of the current wires there for the stock reverse lights. Then take the output wire for the relay to the pos. for the lights, and then ground the negative light wire to the frame somwhere hidden.

yeah thats what im pretty muching doing now, its 2 wal mart lights mounted on the back bumper that has a hot wire running to the rocker panel switch from each light and a ground to under my beack seat from each light, from the rocker panel it goes to my battery its just a pain cause when i want to use my 2 kc lights in the front i have to get out and swap wire on the battery. thats why i was wanting to know where i could find something like this so i could just wire it up to by back up lights so they would come on as soon as i threw it in reverse.

If the lights are smaller wal-mart lights, they might be ok to just power them off of the reverse light curcuit....

Why do you have to swap wires? You should be able to have them both connected to the battery at the some time.

If the lights are smaller wal-mart lights, they might be ok to just power them off of the reverse light curcuit....

Why do you have to swap wires? You should be able to have them both connected to the battery at the some time.

made my old battery go dead, when i first got them i mounted them on the edge of my hood near the window, just for repair lights when im on the trail. well i left that and an 8ga power wire to my amp in the battery, came out the next day and the damn thing was dead. so i got a ne battery and the only thing going to it 24/7 is the power wire. when i drive at night i put the wire to the battery for the back up lights. ok so can you tell me which wire is my reverse light curcuit.

The procomp lights look good, thats a pretty good price for 8" driving lights if that's what you want.

For the backup lights, just use the positive wire from the stock reverse lamps instead of the switch, that way they'll only go on when the stock reverse lamps are on. Just pull the taillamp, find the positive wire going to the reverse light bulb, use a quick connector to splice into it with the switch wire, and you're done.

The procomp lights look good, thats a pretty good price for 8" driving lights if that's what you want.

For the backup lights, just use the positive wire from the stock reverse lamps instead of the switch, that way they'll only go on when the stock reverse lamps are on. Just pull the taillamp, find the positive wire going to the reverse light bulb, use a quick connector to splice into it with the switch wire, and you're done.

thanks man that helps a whole lot. as far as the pro comps those are pretty cheap. just looking into upgrading my kc's cause there rusting out.

Back