2 ?s did they make a black 91-94 limited, and... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2 ?s did they make a black 91-94 limited, and...

leenjen

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
in the poconos, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 sport
i never saw a black 91-94 explorer limited, so i was wondering if they made the limited in black.

also if they did, would a limited grill fit on my xlt. i like the looks of the limited grill, but i want a black one because my x is black.

thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nope,
just white like mine
purple like ExplorerEddie
and dark green like RFR2212's
and yes you can swap the grill but good luck getting one, I wont be giving up mine anytime soon.

hmmm... there has to be a way to get one. what if yours was damaged in an accident? the body shop could get one, right? i'll have to ask around. it shouldnt be that expensive, it's only plastic.

I saw a black grille for early model Explorers on eBay a few days ago....but now it is GONE! :rolleyes:

Might wanna check on there periodically, one might pop up again :cool:

What's different about the Limited grill? I haven't been looking for them specifically or anything, but I've never seen anything that really popped out at me as extremely different.

it's just a different style, and it's the same color as the body.

Hmmm...Alright. Cool. Well, I'll keep my eyes out for one so I can see what it looks like.

I saw one today. Must say, they don't look bad.

It's a pity that there wasn't a black 1st-gen Limited - that would look hella cool...

Thank you for reading, this has been yet another useless random musing from everyone's favorite (least favorite?) crack monkey.

Back