20 inch wheel tire sizes | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

20 inch wheel tire sizes

I have a 91 Ford Explorer Eddie Baurer, just bought some 20 inch wheels from a buddy and they came with 4 Goodyear Eagle LS 275/55/20 tires already on them. So far i have only mounted 1 tire on the front of the vehicle to check the clearance of the tire in the wheel well. they fit pretty good and look very good as well, however i was unable to turn the wheel to see if they would rub. I have a feeling they will rub when I turn the wheel fully, and these tires are old from 2003 and one of them has sidewall damage so i will be replacing them anyways. I'm not sure if I should stay with 275s and just go lower profile or move down to a 265 or 255. ... the 255 is going to leave a large amount of space in the wheel well and i dont think it will look too good. So i'll prob end up going with a thinner 275 or the smaller 265. Any good advice would be helpful, i just want to make sure the tires dont rub when i turn and theres not too much space in the wheel well, I want a good meaty tire that will not rub. I have pictures of the wheel/tire installed on the vehicle but can't seem to upload them to this site. guess u have to link it from another site?

You have to link from a site like Photobucket unless you have an elite membership

Ok below I have posted the photo on my 20 inch wheel with the 275/55/20 tire on it, as u can see it fits well, however it will probably rub when i turn the front wheel. I am looking to go to a slightly smaller size, but if the 275/55 wont rub i''ll keep em. anybody have any knowledge or experience with a tire like this?

20inchwheel.jpg

WHAT TIRE SIZE DID YOU GO WITH? I WANT TO PUT 275/55/20 OR 50's ON MY 95 EX BUT WORRIED ABOUT RUBBIN. HOW DID YOURS WORK OUT?

275/45/20 on my 2007 work fine, no rubbing, very close to rolling diameter of stock 18's.

Back