200,000 mile tuneup, any suggestions? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

200,000 mile tuneup, any suggestions?

ethan10502

Reaction score
City, State
Las Vegas
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Explorer Sport
Hello everybody,

My 99 Explorer Sport is reaching 200,000 miles in about 650 miles. I am planning on doing a bunch of maintenance on it since I haven't really done anything except for the regular oil changes at 3,000 mile intervals. I did recently have the radiator and thermostat replaced due to leaking. I bought the car at 131,000 miles and haven't did anything except for those mentioned above. Any ideas of what type of maintenance i should be doing? I also have that saggy suspension that i wanna fix but on the cheap. Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

DS

I am a newer guy around here and working on my car but just the things off the top of my head. Check/inspect Ball Joints, Control arm Bushings, sway bar bushings/links, Tie Rod ends, Wheel bearings 2wd/4wd, brake pads, brake fluid, spark plugs, air filter.

Alot of people recommend the rear coil over shocks that monroe produce for the saggy rear end. You can get both shocks for under $100

Check/Change Differential oils, transfer case oil.

Back