200,000 Miles!!!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

200,000 Miles!!!!

That's what I'm talking about!

When my son graduated from college and went into real estate, I told him he needed to get rid of his 93 5.7 Bronco and get a four door vehicle that gets better mileage. When we looked on ebay for X's we found lots of them with over 100k miles still going strong. That convinced me that they could hang for the long term. We found a 97 4.0 OHV XLT 4wd with 83,000 for $5300 (this was April of 05) and snagged it. We then sold his 115k Bronco for $5500. We loved the Bronco, but it loved gas. And I'd say we made a couple of of good deals.

I liked his X so much I bought myself a 2wd 99 XLS (his seats are much better) with 105k. I hope both last as long as yours.

Congrats again!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Congrats!

ExploringNC;

I had a 90 EB Bronco with a 5.0L that lasted for 345,000 miles before I retired her. Had to; the floor pan was looking like swiss cheese and you could lift the driver's seat out of the truck if you wanted to get to the back seat!

In all that time, beyond normal maintenance, I went through a radiator, PS pump, AC compressor, one tranny and two transfer cases. Not bad!

Now I have a '97 5.0L Mountaineer and let me tell you; 20 MPG is a heck of a lot better than 9 MPG! It's got 94K mile right now so I guess it's just getting broken in! Woo-Hoo!

Keep it rolling!

Mike

Well Congrats, mine is up to 219.000 too. But she needs mayor tune up!!

My 93 eddie bauer 4x4 has 179,500 miles on it almost at 180K. i'm hoping to get to like 300K miles

i don't know how you guys are getting like 20mpg that's crazy. mine gets about 13. on the highway it's a little better but it's got the lower gear ratio (towing package) so at 75mph in OD it's at 2500rpm so i can't go too fast, but i don't really like to anyways. but when i do go fast it eats up the gas.

i'm gonna do a road trip in july and add between 2500-3000 miles on it so we'll see how it does.

i've just been doing routine maintenance, and the only big issue has been when the freeze plugs came out, other than that no MAJOR issues

My 93 Is on 270,000 with the original tranny and motor!

Nothing major has been repaired on it.
And still runs strong as ever!

i don't know how you guys are getting like 20mpg that's crazy. mine gets about 13. on the highway it's a little better but it's got the lower gear ratio (towing package) so at 75mph in OD it's at 2500rpm so i can't go too fast, but i don't really like to anyways. but when i do go fast it eats up the gas.

I just got the best gas mileage I've seen yet. I haven't filled back up yet to get the mpg but I'm at 320 miles on one tank, I normally get about 260 miles out of a full tank. I think that pretty awsome for an engine with over 200k miles.

I am up to 167,620 miles and hoping to hold on to it for 3 more years. At 12k per year commuting miles, that should bring it up to 200k and some change. As for gas milege, I still get around 20 mpg on the higway traveling 70 mph. In mixed driving it is around 18. Not bad.

I have 210,000 Miles on mine. Got her laid up because of Clutch problems.Put a new clutch in but cannot get any Clutch pedal back. I have taken the Tranny out 3 times to replace different parts. Anybody else have any thing happen like this. And I have also replaced the master and slave cylinders.

I'm driving my third explorer now. Both of the others went over 250K without any engine or tranny problems. Just change the oil regularly and flush the Tranny every 50K or so.

Ron Mellon
2000 Ltd.

Back