2000 AWD gear ratio swap | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2000 AWD gear ratio swap

IDK why that matters I have 33" tall tires and go off road weekly with the bars and never had a problem.
The bars prevent flex,they are more beneficial for street vehicles for wheel hop/axle wrap

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

But that's what I'm saying my tires hit the finders before the bars cause any problems.

But that's what I'm saying my tires hit the finders before the bars cause any problems.
How about drop,thats where they restrict. .
My point is there is no benefits of keeping them if mainly used offroad so he could ditch them as well as you

And tires size would dictate rpms and speedo readings.speedo would need to be fixed .hes gonna gain rpms at said speed

An idea of what we do here

An idea of what we do here

If you remove your track bars and sway bar or use disconnect for the sway bars, i GUARANTEE your get better flex outa the rear and the front ..that cant even be argued man,its been proven time and time again

It will be a highway but I still wanna have my use of AWD and I will be doing a 4" suspension lift and not sure which tires and rims yet

It will be a highway but I still wanna have my use of AWD and I will be doing a 4" suspension lift and not sure which tires and rims yet

Your awd will work no matter what rear end or gear ratios..

If you plan on a suspension lift then dont even worry about the bars..id wait to pick a gear ratio till you know your planned tires size and being you said highway i wouldnt go crazy with the gears..

That's terrible luck. I've never seen a V8 with anything but a D4. Should open up easier locker options, though.

Back