2000 explorer limited..... what harness for aftermarket deck. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2000 explorer limited..... what harness for aftermarket deck.

pwrshft99

Reaction score
City, State
illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer 5.0
Walmart didn't have the install kit but I got the schose (sp?) Wiring harness that had my vehicle listed. Three adapters inside, i got three plugs however none of them match up.

Best buy had harness adapters but for $25.

Frustrated enough to say screw a harness just wire it but I want to keep it clean...

I'm not sure what factory deck I had, it had a cd and cassette, has six disc in armrest and factory sub in the cargo area.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

not sure if its the right one(says '98+up) but this one plugs into another adapter for the radio, no sodering,twisting, sqinting to read wire lables, etc. had it in my '93 sux now that i need to find another one for the 2000 and another pioneer one. like i said i dont know if its the right one anyone can chime in its metra part number 80-771. its like $10 w/ shipping

link: http://www.dejavujewelry.com/das-801771.html

also availuable here :http://www.directdepot.net/product_info.php?products_id=18642

is direct depot a good place ot get stuff?

Idk, but I gave up on a harness.. I found the power n ground wires in the stock harness and ran new wire to each door... wasnt nearly as bad as i thought... drivers door was the hardest part....

anyone know if that is the right harness for a 2000?

If your 2000 is like mine then you got the Mach stereo.. i searched and found many guys giving up on replacing the Machine because of the hassle involved in the factory wiring..

Get a test light and find your battery and key on power leads, find a good ground, then run new wires to the doors... much less of a headache than hunting down a harness that probably won't work etc.....

Metra 70-5700. It $6.99 plus shipping at beachaudio.com according to internet.

Back