2001 - LED / Switchback - Resistors Not Working | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2001 - LED / Switchback - Resistors Not Working

Hello,

I put in some LED Switchback bulbs..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131459136743?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I also installed the resistors on all the ground wires:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00L4V9ECY?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Front:
Running light - White Works fine
Turn Signal - No Activity
Hazard Lights - Work fine

Rear
Running Ligtht - Red works
Turn - No Activity (when in conjuntion with front switchbacks) worked but had hyperflash in dash when run alone)

I put the resistors all around..

I ordered an EP27 LED module just now to test..
http://www.ebay.com/itm/251930657288?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Any insight on how to get this going properly? Did I order some wrong resistors?

Possible to get working on a 2001 Expo Sport 2dr? It looks good when it works, just need to fix the resistors/hyperflash.

You won't need the resisters at least on the front once you have the EP27 anyway. I have switchbacks with an EP27 and they work fine with no resisters. However, do you have LED bulbs for the rear? Mine work just fine with LEDs up front and incandescent rear bulbs, but once I tried to put LEDs in the rear they act all weird. Mine would light up for the brake light but that's it, wouldn't do any of the turn signals. And thats with the flasher.

I tried to figure this out before and couldn't find anything because not many people have switchback bulbs, which I think is somehow causing it to get all confused once you add the rear LEDs.

That's probably not much help, but basically all I can tell you is that your switchbacks will work if you have the EP27 and non-LED rear bulbs, but with LED rears, who knows

You won't need the resisters at least on the front once you have the EP27 anyway. I have switchbacks with an EP27 and they work fine with no resisters. However, do you have LED bulbs for the rear? Mine work just fine with LEDs up front and incandescent rear bulbs, but once I tried to put LEDs in the rear they act all weird. Mine would light up for the brake light but that's it, wouldn't do any of the turn signals. And thats with the flasher.

I tried to figure this out before and couldn't find anything because not many people have switchback bulbs, which I think is somehow causing it to get all confused once you add the rear LEDs.

That's probably not much help, but basically all I can tell you is that your switchbacks will work if you have the EP27 and non-LED rear bulbs, but with LED rears, who knows

Yes I did the LED Philips RED in the rear.. when I ran them alone before resistors they would hyperflash the inside, but lit correctly.

Good to know the switchbacks work, of the front or rear I think I'd rather have the fronts working worst case. Does the EP27 stick out?

It's a little longer than the stock one, but I was still able to get the black plastic cover back on the area it goes in. Getting the cover off is the biggest pain in the ass though if you don't have tiny hands or some kind of small tool that could reach around and help get it off. It's such a small and awkward area to work with.

I wasn't able to get the cover on when I installed the ep27 but I made it work- don't think it looks out of place or hacked up

F1BC4FA9-CE19-48FB-988C-A1BE7E8814CA_zpss9hiokdf.jpg

Back