2001 Sport Trac with no drive but has 1, 2 and r | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2001 Sport Trac with no drive but has 1, 2 and r

bt93

Reaction score
City, State
NE Arkansas
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Eddie V8
My 2001 sport trac does not pull in D but is does when I pull it down to 1st and 2nd and it had reverse but its sluggish. my error codes are p0722 and p0734. what should I look at first?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sorry, the vehicle info is 2001 Explorer Sport Trac 4x4 180k miles

po722 output speed sensor no signal
Po734 4 gear incorrect ratio

Check the wiring pigtail to the rear most speed sensor on the back of the 5r55e transmission
Losing D and being able to engage 1 and 2 manually, having a sluggish reverse, these are usually signs that your 5r55e is on its way out.
But check the simple things first

Here is the OSS or output shaft speed sensor on the 5r55e:
5r55sdtr-jpg.jpg

Common Problems for The Ford 5R55E Transmission: Do You Know What They Are?

410Fortune Thanks for the reply. The crazy thing is the trans has full power in 1 and 2 gears no slippage at all. heck it'll burn the tries off lol

bt93, I bought my ‘01 because the guy couldn’t get it in to D - it would pull down and die. Reverse worked fine. I replaced all the solenoids in the bottom of the transmission
($20 at my local u-pull-it) and it’s been running great ever since. Turns out there’s one of those that go bad, I don’t recall which one, and it was easier to buy all 6 than to figure out which one was it.

bt93, I bought my ‘01 because the guy couldn’t get it in to D - it would pull down and die. Reverse worked fine. I replaced all the solenoids in the bottom of the transmission
($20 at my local u-pull-it) and it’s been running great ever since. Turns out there’s one of those that go bad, I don’t recall which one, and it was easier to buy all 6 than to figure out which one was it.
I know this post is obut this is the first any only post I've seen with the exact symptoms with my 05 Sport Trac. The solenoids repair, did that fix the problem and error codes? What's weird about my situation however with the drive not working from park (starting in either 1/2) is that I've been driving the truck like that for 8 whole months with no sign of anything else like failure etc. (Fid replace the TCC a year ago)

Back