2001 Sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2001 Sport

M

mrsolaas

Im looking into doing some mods to my 01 Sport. I know of the brush guards and tail guards but are there any other cool mods? I have put in new bulbs and basic stuff like that, im looking for big time mods. Does anyone know of any body kits available? Also Have you seen the new GMC denail's and there silver grill up front??? Is there a company that makes that insert for my explorer? Any ideas would be great, 3 people in 5 miles have my car and I need to make it stand out.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the site!!! You'll find plenty of useful information here!!

Maybe you should talk to 2001ExpSport here on the boards. Here's what he did: Dead Link Removed

There is a 3" body lift that you can buy if you are into that. It is for a 98-00 Ranger but all the parts fit the '01.

You can do a torsion twist and get shackles for the rear to also give you a bit of lift.

I bought lighted Ford emblems which are popular with some of the guys here in Illimois, but I would assume they are popular every where esle too. Those are easy to install and are about $40 each.

There is a 4" suspension lift available from Trailmaster which is about $1400.

It all depends on your tastes and how willing you are to mod your truck. The newr it is, the less after market parts are available. You have to make them fit.

mattx, is that war153 that u used? it looks longer then the other shakles. i liiikkkkeeee iiitttt.

yes...WAR153

dont be that guy!

Please don't put all that stuff on unless you go off-roading, not in shopping mall lots o.k.
If you want the tough look stick with factory everything with the addition of Manik or Smittybuilt guards for grill and tails.
now get some bfg's that always will look great on and explorer like 31x10.50 or 30x9.50 on stock wheels. They are called wheels not bicycle rims. now that is hardass.

Shopping Mall?

Mike, that's why we do this....to GO off roading.....at least I hope we do.

you know!

You know! Those rich guys who put those expensive grill guards on their trucks but they can only say they are protecting their truck from being hit by a shopping cart , not a tree branch.

Ah, ok...I see what you are talking about. Everybody has their own tastes, sometimes you have to let it be.

so does anyone know where i can get a new grill insert or euro tail lights?

email shabbadoobie...he has a Sport Trac with the billet grill like the GMC's.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=25883

View

Back