2002-05 4 door Explorer frame dimensions? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2002-05 4 door Explorer frame dimensions?

Robsan5

Reaction score
City, State
denver
Year, Model & Trim Level
68 bronco, 98 expy
Hey All,
I'm looking for a side and top view of the 02-05 Explorer frame, with dimensions.
Anyone have a copy of this?
I've searched high and low, and can't find one.

Thanks,
Robert S

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

:bsnicker: That's because most of us keep our body connected to the frame.

So the widest part of the frame? What dimensions exactly as it isn't a straight shot.
Or were you referring to the body?

You can get an idea of the frame shape from fordparts.com, but someone is going to have to measure it.

Hey All, to clarify, I need a diagram (blueprint) of the 02-05 4-door frame, that shows a top and side view, along with the associated measuring locations and distances.
The 06-10 frames appear pretty similar, so if someone has that, it could work.
Something like this:
attachment.jpg

Thanks,
Robert

I have been looking as well, and haven't found much. I have a set of axles laying around and I've really been considering doing a solid axle swap. Might just have to go under and take some measurements of my own.

Hey All,
I did find some copies of the frame dimensions, but they aren't clear enough to scan and post.
If you need them, find a Ford dealer that has a body shop, and they will have the specs.
That's what I had to do.

Robert S.

Back