• Register Today It's free!

2002 4.6 low oil pressure message

BlindViper

Reaction score
City, State
York, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 explorer limited
G/f's truck cut off on her today. She was parked on a incline with the truck running and the "low oil pressure" message came on .Then it "sounded like it stalled out but its not a manual" in her words. She called me and I told her to check the oil she said it was full. So I told her to try to start it and it fired back up but didn't have the message. I am out of state right now. Anyone have any ideas?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

did she have gas in it like more then 1/4 tank?

that check oil light when i first started to see that on r.o. took me 2 week to figure out when an ex stalls its the first message on the ic.

Nail on the head thanks waskly!

the "message center" is door open dependant.... by that I mean... if she is having a melt down because the truck is stopped, and she does not have a single door open, then "low oil pressure" will show BEFORE a "DOOR AJAR"

edit: long drawn out drivel erased

Again... everyone who has a sudden failure needs to take a deeeeeeep breath & THINK about what is going on.

Rob

the "message center" is door open dependant.... by that I mean... if she is having a melt down because the truck is stopped, and she does not have a single door open, then "low oil pressure" will show BEFORE a "DOOR ADJAR"

Again... everyone who has a sudden failure needs to take a deeeeeeep breath & THINK about what is going on.

The Truck/SUv stahled... DUH! there is NO oil pressure if the Truck is NOT running. Not a BAD thing

WHAT are the dash/ "idiot lights" doing? If the dash lights are flashing, dimming, all kinds of crazy, its a dead battery or alternator... simple fix...

If the battery/electrical is ruled out... fuel pump/fuel filter if there are are no codes past the srs/abs defaults...

DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP BREATH.... think back... Truck running = Fuel + air + Spark... SIMPLE... ANYTHING else is a bigger can of worms & STILL easily solved...

Rob

do what?

LOL I'm just saying.... when a vehicle dies people panic & don't think about what usually happens. We get used to certain lights when we start the truck/car.

if the doors are CLOSED and the truck is not started, the key on message will say "low oil pressure", obviously because the engine is not running = no oil pressure. If the doors are OPEN, the message will/should be "door ajar".

As for the engine shutting off. Under 1/4 of a tank, I have heard of Rangers & Explorers dieing on steep hills.

Rob

Back