• Register Today It's free!

2002 Explorer Air Bag Light

Robert Walter

Reaction score
City, State
Canton
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer Limited
Just the latest fix on my piece of crap Explorer. This one was easy... had a code (#34 flashing air bag light). Turns out it was a bad connector under the seat where it plugs into the chassis harness. The yellow connector plug was loose and shorting out. Pulled it apart and sprayed a little WD40 and I'm good to go. Now if my transmission, rear end, steering column, and leaking intake manifold were as easy. Never again will I buy another Ford! @@

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I still have this problem. I checked the connections & it was good for a few hours & back to that 3 4 blink.
I got a new pretensioner from the junk yard & it still gives that blink.

I still have this problem. I checked the connections & it was good for a few hours & back to that 3 4 blink.
I got a new pretensioner from the junk yard & it still gives that blink.

Go back to the under seat connection and pull it apart again and reconnect it (I did mine 3 times before it quit). I'm probably going to hard wire mine and bypass the connector if it does it again.

Don’t put your seat to the farthest back position after reconnecting it. When you slide it to the furthest position it tugs on it and messes it up.

Back