2002 Ford Explorer Sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2002 Ford Explorer Sport

JackBauer

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Just bought a used 2002 Explorer for transportation. I'm making it my new project vehicle as all vehicles become my project. I've already changed the wiper blades, rotors and bads all the way around and front bearings and seals. My biggest project on the horizon is to tackle the ball joints and bushing, tie rods, etc. Anything black that's supposed to be rubber is being revamped. I've always wanted to do that. I also will change my shocks. I don't see struts on the front and don't know if that's good or bad or whatever. It's a bit awkward driving right now. I used to own a 2002 Ford Sport Trac some years ago before selling it to cut corners. This is a 2 door and will provide me with the ability to tow, not that I do, but mainly to haul DIY home improvement stuff home. The interior was "redone" if you want to say it was actually done right. No dents interestingly. No accident report. Everything seems in order. Has 112,000 miles. Will be chaning to synthetic oil soon.

I'm open to suggestions, particularly if their preofessional ones.
I'm a vet, disabled type as well. :salute:

Welcome to the forum first off! :) I like your choice of vehicle, I have an 03 Sport and a proud owner. Might want to have a look in the differential(s), make sure all is clean and in proper order. Also changing those fluids. Also, you should have torsion bars in the front, not struts (correct me someone if I am wrong). Torsions are very simple with how you want the level of your explorer to sit. And can either increase or damper the stiffness up front. You can also achieve a small lift, to small drop in ride height, or leave it the way she sits :)

Again, welcome!

Welcome!! Thank you for serving our country!! Search button is your bestfriend :) but anyone is ready to help

Back