2002 XLT 4WD Problem

Bob2002

Reaction score
City, State
CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLT
Hello,
I'm hoping someone has had this similar problem.....
This last winter when my car was left outside, I started having problems with my 4WD. Every once in a while, when I started the truck the "4x4 HIGH" and the "4x4 LOW" indicator lights would start flashing. They would flash together 3 times. They flashed again (3 times) approx every 2 minutes. During this time the truck would not go into 4WD. Either manually (4x4 button) or automatically (if rear tires slipped). If I shut off and re started the truck, the lights usually stopped blinking and the 4WD began working fine.

Now that it is Spring, I haven't had any lights flashing for over three months. I'm bringing it in for the lift gate recall this week, any advice on what the dealer may say about this 4WD problem??
Anyone had a similar problem?

Thank you for reading.......

They may say something about a speed sensor -- but that usually consist of 6 repetitive blinks, not 3. I know I have had a problem a few times with my truck (only twice with about 3 months in between them) and they didn't leave a hard fault code. So scanning the computer may not be where your answer is. If you can make it go away by simply doing what you have done -- I wouldn't worry but so much about it. Now if it starts happening a lot, you may want to bring it up to them. Good luck. Tell us what they say!

-Drew

If you can make it go away by simply doing what you have done -- I wouldn't worry but so much about it. Now if it starts happening a lot, you may want to bring it up to them. Good luck ditto!!!

have you checked your owners manual?

first place to go

Back