2002 XLT Transmission noise | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2002 XLT Transmission noise

dannyb420 said:
I was curoius to find out more about the rear hinges, was there a recall, or tsb about them? I noticed mine are crooked, the X was in the shop for a rattling noise that I thought was the hinges but they said it was a loose rear door panel, but I noticed my hinges are way off, is thi similair?

Thanks

Not sure where this comment came from for this particular thread...but what are you referring to, the door hinges, hatch hinges...??? Whichever you are talking about, I don't believe there are any recalls, no. The only recall, and this just might be an '02, which I have (I imagine they corrected it 2 model years later) is the rear window air pistons had a recall. No hinges. I am aware of a lot of problems, at least on 02's with the latch sticking and indicating that the door is ajar when indeed it is not. A little WD40 seems to correct this.

Just had the recall done. They replaced a kit on the rear window assy. It was done with no charge. :D

i know this might be the wrong place but is a lemon recall on the 02 explorer in the last nine months i have replaced the transmission, the entire rear end bearings ring and pinion seals, both outer rear wheel bearing and now i think the transfer case is going out and the front wheel bearings are going out!

Back