2003 Explorer sport blower not working | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2003 Explorer sport blower not working

ToddInLou

Reaction score
City, State
Louisville Ky
Hey guys last night my blower quit working on me. I checked at the harness and it's not getting voltage. I don't *think* that the switch is bad because it will kick on the ac compressor when you select ac. All fan speeds worked before so I'm not sure on it being the resistor and the 40 amp fuse under the hood is still good. Any ideas?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey guys I did some more research and maybee someone can tell me if/where my logic is flawed.

1-Blower motor -wired to 12V and it works
2-Blower motor resistor- System still doesn't work even on high-the resistor should only slow to blower motor down for slower speeds and should not impact the high setting.
3-Relays-I swapped the relays around and no change
4-This leaves the switch

Problem seems to be solved with nothing replaced. I just wonder what it was. Everything is back working again after removing and plugging the switch, fan, relays, and fuses back in. First thing that comes to my mind is a stuck relay.

Todd

Where is the heater motor resister located on a 2003 explorer.

The resistor is located right by the blower motor atleast in my 2003 sport. It's either under it or to the left but it's really close

Back