2003 ford explorer blower problems | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2003 ford explorer blower problems

dn6543

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 ford explorer
I have replaced resistor then the relay still no blower on any speed I hear a click when I turn it too four but no blower. So I wanna try to replace the blower but idk how to do it I can't find a video anywhere is the blower the only other thing that could be wrong? Please help it's in the negatives and my windows keep fogging up and it's my only source of transportation to school and work. Funds are too short for a shop

Could be the controller. The blower turns on off with the mode selector switch. If anything is on at all (switch not pointed up) the the lowest speed will be 1. If you aren't getting anything on 1, then the speed switch may be bad.
The blower is on the passenger side front. Below the glove box. Been a while since I had mine out. Three or four screws and it drops out. Best I can remember. Check for power to the blower, at the blower.

I have replaced resistor then the relay still no blower on any speed I hear a click when I turn it too four but no blower. So I wanna try to replace the blower but idk how to do it I can't find a video anywhere is the blower the only other thing that could be wrong? Please help it's in the negatives and my windows keep fogging up and it's my only source of transportation to school and work. Funds are too short for a shop

Welcome aboard!! :salute:

Here is the troubleshooting steps from the shop manual:

https://app.box.com/s/624iiennfqnac0rl9mhb

Good luck getting it sorted. :thumbsup:

Please keep us posted as feedback helps others reading this post looking for a fix to the same or similar issue!

Back