2003 ford explorer xlt windows not working | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2003 ford explorer xlt windows not working

Jasmine Venable

Reaction score
City, State
Tampa,fl,33610
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003, ford explorer xlt
Does anyone have any idea what fuse is for the power windows? Already checked the 30 amp circuit breaker under the hood and the wires look fine.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Jasmine, welcome to the forum.

Do you have the owners manual for your Explorer? There is a diagram & a description of the fuses in the manual. Check out this link. Fuse box under hood of 2003 ford explorer diagram - Fixya
It looks like in location 47A is a 20amp circuit breaker for the windows in the power distrinution box which is likely under the hood. That is where it is on my 00 Ranger & my wife's 99 Explorer Sport.

Does anyone have any idea what fuse is for the power windows? Already checked the 30 amp circuit breaker under the hood and the wires look fine.

Which windows are not working and what are they doing or not doing?

If the window regulator(s) are not damaged from being worn more than likely it could be the "command center" controls on the driverside. I have seen the individual switch for that window get damaged from wear and tear or from moisture. Also, the wire harness on the driverside door will get worn out considering that it is the most frequently used door. If the wire harness is damaged that could prevent the windows from working as well.

Back