2004 dash lighting | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2004 dash lighting

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You mean the fuses page in the owner's manual? Or the useless page you linked? On an '05 check #21 , not sure if that applies to an '04.

when i take that out i dont have a turning signal at all my speedometer light oil temp and my heating light under radio and radio buttons all have no light (the knobs)

No offense cherry, but your post is lacking in details. I don't understand do you have a blown fuse, or burned out bulbs, are you pulling fuses for diagnostics? Do you have a total blackout?

i have checked the obvious fuses, like someone said 21. When I pull that one less works (turning signal) so that can't be it if it was a bulb would both of them really go out at the same time because my radio lights and my speedometer light both stopped working on the same night the lights that work are all digital or dome for example my miles works. my turn signals work, my radio light works my security system light works.

Im sorry for the lack of information the last time i was on a car forum for my other car people would post back. TL:DR when i googled that it means too long didn't read

what doesn't work are the lights that auto turn on at night the light by the oil, temp, speedometer all don't work. also the lights on my dials for heat radio, blower speed all do not work

You mean the fuses page in the owner's manual? Or the useless page you linked? On an '05 check #21 , not sure if that applies to an '04.

the diagram i posed is the exact same word for word as my owners manual :usa:

Gotcha, I wonder if it could be a bad headlight switch? Do the door switches and rear seat climate/entertainment controls light up?

Gotcha, I wonder if it could be a bad headlight switch? Do the door switches and rear seat climate/entertainment controls light up?

door ajar light is almost always on bent something when tire blew out a month ago id have to check if rear climate control is on and what is a door switch??:)

Sorry I meant illumination of the window switches, fan speed etc. Also I have been looking over a schematic and it shows six bulbs in the instrument cluster, plus HVAC knobs etc have bulbs...

ill check when it gets dark out but i do know noone of the ones on dash are working did not think to check the back ones or windows

Sorry I meant illumination of the window switches, fan speed etc. Also I have been looking over a schematic and it shows six bulbs in the instrument cluster, plus HVAC knobs etc have bulbs...

alright the rear entertainment . heat control doesnt have anthing that would light
up but the doors are interesting the locks dont light up but the window controls do

bump/ could this have anthight to do with my messed up door thats always ajar

Back