2004 Ford Ranger anti theft disable. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2004 Ford Ranger anti theft disable.

applepiebb

Reaction score
City, State
prescott az
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 xlt
How can i disable the anti theft on the pcm anti theft module is not working and i can start engine so i would like to disable it
Tom

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You would need a OBDII device that can disable it like a Xcal or similar.. A standard OBDII reader won't do it.

PM me, I don't want the whole world to know how to steal our truck.:exporange

PM me, I don't want the whole world to know how to steal our truck.:exporange
Hey Ranger Al, I sent you a PM. I'd like to know
how to disable the PATS too.
(It's probably too involved for a thief to use anyway,
they like to get stuff that's quick and easy.....)

I am new to the forum and noted a reply from you to another member regarding how to deal with a Ford Ranger security system issue. I have a 2004 Ford Ranger with a lot of miles that was running fine until it was determined that the valves were burned on one side of the 6 cylinder motor so both heads were removed about 3 weeks ago and sent a machine shop. The heads have now been reinstalled and it appears that the security system has been activated and the vehicle will not start. I have two original keys to the truck. Is there anything I can do short of hauling the vehicle 30 plus miles to a dealer to get the security issue addressed. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Back