• Register Today It's free!

2004 Sport Trac

newman420

Reaction score
City, State
Niles, Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Sport Trac
Hello, I just bought a black 2004 Explorer Sport Trac, grey leather interior, power sunroof, just awesome. I'm looking for cool mud flaps and I have the step rails, any suggestions on where to get them for a fair price?. Also, when my truck is at idle and I press on the gas, get it up to about 3500 rpm, it sputters. Is this normal or has anyone seen this same situation? Otherwise the truck runs great. I'm looking for a used OEM Tonneau cover as well (I'll get it re-keyed of course), maybe even those crossbars that complete the luggage rack (not sure what they are called) so I can haul an 8' ladder if needed.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

congrads with the sport trac and welcome to the forum

Welcome to Explorer Forum!

Hey thanks for letting me know about the rev limiter. I kind of figured that there was some sort of protection so you could not red line the engine, or I just bought the biggest piece of s*it. I just bought an OEM Tonneau cover on eBay today, picking it up this week then having it rekeyed to my ignition key. Any idea on how to reprogram the keypad on the driver side door? I bought the truck used, I could try and locate the previous owner but who does that? (except for the guy who bought my 95 GMC Jimmy years ago and I gave all service records to the small dealer that I traded it to which had my phone number from all warranty paperwork.......). My Sport Trac has 49K miles, grey leather interior, Pioneer 6 CD radio, I'm just too pleased!!! Plus a guy I went to high school with has this Ford mechanic that has some type of certification that he is apparently 1 of 500 guys that has this Ford Mastery certification. I've heard about transmission issues with these trucks. However, from what I hear, if you see your o/d light flashing or something to that nature, shut the car off immediately and find a master Ford guy who knows how to do the repair much cheaper than replacing the whole trans.

Back