2004 Sport Track - rear driver side noise / Vibration (not related to noise) | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2004 Sport Track - rear driver side noise / Vibration (not related to noise)

Rotate one tire at a time to the front. Test ride. A bad tire will still balance but still may be bad. Ony way to tell is rotating them and a test ride. Dave P.

Rotate one tire at a time to the front. Test ride. A bad tire will still balance but still may be bad. Ony way to tell is rotating them and a test ride. Dave P.

Ok, so here is the maddening part.

I did rotate the front right tire to the rear right and vice versa. I felt like the front right was where the vibration was coming from.

Three test drives yesterday of about 5 miles each and the vibration was gone! or so I thought.

Fast forward to this morning and the vibration is back.

So now I believe that jacking the ST up somehow has something to do with masking the issue. Each time it has had work done, I thought the vibration was gone. Front bearings - I thought fixed it for a day. Nope. Rear bearings - I thought fixed it, but just for the day.

Unless each new tire I purchased is somehow bad, I have to start looking at something else.

Could shocks cause this??

All the other culprits have either been replaced or checked.

This vibration is driving me crazy.

Back