2005 Explorer broken rear window hinge- recall? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2005 Explorer broken rear window hinge- recall?

noreastcarnut

Reaction score
City, State
Rockport Massachusetts
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer
Today my rear window hinge broke. It seems that there was a recall on this problem at one time. Does anyone know if I should call a Ford dealer?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes, have them run your VIN to see if the recall repair was ever done on it. Although, I don't know if the 2005 was recalled...

2hfrns8.jpg

Yes, have them run your VIN to see if the recall repair was ever done on it. Although, I don't know if the 2005 was recalled...

2hfrns8.jpg
Today my rear window hinge broke. It seems that there was a recall on this problem at one time. Does anyone know if I should call a Ford dealer?

Well, I contacted my Ford dealer, but they said there is no program or recall to fix my 2005 Explorer rear window hinge. I guess I'll resort to DUCT TAPE. I don't need to open that window anyway. The tailgate still works.

I just replaced my hinges on my 03 don't buy the the Doorman brand they are crap. I wasted 3 hours trying to get them to work and they just don't fit right, I spent the extra money and bought them from Ford it was a 10 minute job.

I'm happy to say that I received new hinges through Amazon at a reasonable price, I think. ($50). There is a good video on this problem I saw recently. I'll be installing them soon. Thanks to all for your help and suggestions!

Back