2005 Explorer Newbie

Martz4

Reaction score
City, State
Fort Dix
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 XLT
Hello everyone!

I've got a 2005 Explorer XLT and live in New Jersey. I know, there are much better places to live but my job has landed me here. I'm interested in improving gas mileage just like the rest of the country. I also want to get a better performance. My explorer is used off road and will be used to tow small boats and hopefully a camper soon. This is my second explorer and I think they are great vehicles I just have zero experience working on them.

-Martz4

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome! I'm sure there's a bunch of us that live in places where we don't want to be. Like me! But you'll find a lot of great information concerning mileage, the most recognizeable person for this area you'll soon find out is a member with the name "Aldive". He's done a LOT of research into what products work, and what don't. While your Explorer is a 2005 and his a 1999, there's plenty of tips to be got from his trials.

I wish these threads were required to read, people would get so much. I've read through both of them completely, and trust me, IT'S WORTH IT. So many small things can lead to a HUGE savings.

Quest for 30 MPG (which he's got!)

Aldive's Mileage Monster
(His truck and what he's done to it)

Good luck with it, and welcome!

welcome to the forum

Welcome to Explorer Forum!

Back