2006-2010 Explorer AC Vacuum lines (Air not blowing from the front vents) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2006-2010 Explorer AC Vacuum lines (Air not blowing from the front vents)

Ahmed Ibrahim

Reaction score
City, State
Riyadh
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer2006
I had a problem with my explorer 2006, the AC won't blow the air from the front vents, only blowing from the defrost. after a lot of searching over the internet i found that the problem will be
* The arm that connects the vent actuator to the vent door is broken.
* The vacuum lines leak.
My issue was with the vacuum lines. As i understand there are 2 vacuum lines in the passenger side under the hood connected to a vacuum reservoir under the passenger side dashboard, the gray vacuum line should be connected to the heating control valve and the black should be connected to a vacuum control valve. Because this black vacuum line was corroded due to the heat, it was totally disconnected and that's why the vent actuator was not moving. and in my case both lines were totally corroded.
i wen to the mechanic to fix the issue, and he said it's a common issue with this model and all we need to do is just to replace the vacuum line, but he used a joint and connected both gray and black vacuum lines to the vacuum control valve. he didn't connect the gray line to the heating control valve. i tried to inform him that it should be connected to a different valves but he just ignored, and insisted that this is the right way. the vent door is working now and i can get the air from the front vents.
i attached new pictures
Picture 1 the valve

Picture 2 : i think this is the part where the gray vacuum line should be connected

Picture 3 : the black and gray vacuum lines under the passenger side dashboard

picture 4: they way the mechanic joint the two vacuum lines to the valve in picture 1

Need your support to figure out where i should connect the gray vacuum line, and if this joint will harm the AC

Thanks

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Back