2006 Explorer AC vacuum line replacement | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2006 Explorer AC vacuum line replacement

michael623

Reaction score
City, State
Fremont, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Ford Explorer XLT
Air conditioner was not blowing from front vents (defrost only). After some internet search found that it could be the vacuum line. Discovered that the vacuum line at the vacuum control valve on the top of the engine was melted. I was able to find a vacuum control valve from local auto parts store, but the rubber connector was also fried (as you can see from the picture). Can I get a replacement for the rubber connector (on the left) that I can put on the vacuum line or is there a replacement vacuum line? This section of vacuum goes from the top of the engine down into the firewall (passenger side). If you know the part I'm talking about, any ideas of where to find it and part number/what the technical name is? And how to replace it?
Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
20220424_181551.jpg

2006 Explorer XLT 4.0 V6

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

not sure of the naming etc, but have you checked your local junkyard? imo, conectors like these are best found there, as usually they are at a great price, and never as much money as OE... although vacuum and coolant hoess are the first to crack, imo JY units for the price are fine... jmo

not sure of the naming etc, but have you checked your local junkyard? imo, conectors like these are best found there, as usually they are at a great price, and never as much money as OE... although vacuum and coolant hoess are the first to crack, imo JY units for the price are fine... jmo
Thanks for the idea to check the junk yard. I'm still not sure if the connector is removable or if I need the whole assembly.

Thanks for the idea to check the junk yard. I'm still not sure if the connector is removable or if I need the whole assembly.
i would just cut some wiring off so that you can get some extra wires with it to solder together

This looks like a vacuum line. No wiring or soldering to deal with.

Oh, look at that....it even says it in the thread title!

2006 Explorer AC vacuum line replacement​

This looks like a vacuum line. No wiring or soldering to deal with.

Oh, look at that....it even says it in the thread title!

2006 Explorer AC vacuum line replacement​

oh shoot!!!!!!!! was this the wrong thread i was thinking it is? inthought this was the one where someone was aski about a blue pigtail!!!! dang im stupid sometimes! :banghead: my bad!

Thread 'FOG LAMP CONNECTOR'
FOG LAMP CONNECTOR

my bad about my first post, mistook this one for soemthing it wasnt. not sure if its removable or not!

Air conditioner was not blowing from front vents (defrost only). After some internet search found that it could be the vacuum line. Discovered that the vacuum line at the vacuum control valve on the top of the engine was melted. I was able to find a vacuum control valve from local auto parts store, but the rubber connector was also fried (as you can see from the picture). Can I get a replacement for the rubber connector (on the left) that I can put on the vacuum line or is there a replacement vacuum line? This section of vacuum goes from the top of the engine down into the firewall (passenger side). If you know the part I'm talking about, any ideas of where to find it and part number/what the technical name is? And how to replace it?
Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
View attachment 428911
2006 Explorer XLT 4.0 V6
I am aware this is an old post and you most likely solved your issue. I see no replies. This may help others who come to this thread looking for help. I had same issue with my 2009. Your pic is excellent and yes, that is the problem. The hard black plastic single vacuum line is run inside the vacuum harness that plugs on to your intake to obtain a vaccum source. There are 2 more black and one more red hard plastic vacuums alsoinde that harness. The line in your pic goes thru the firewall behind your glovebox and connects to the vacuum motor that opens and closes your a/c heat blend door! That melted section you see is the required 'one way' check valve that is obviously stuck now and stops the vacuum from reaching your blend door motor. Dorman pn 47432 is a set of universal vacuum hose fittings for vacuum line repair AND the one you need is in the set. You will need a new one way check valve as well.

Back