2006 explorer door locks, remote | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2006 explorer door locks, remote

mailman55

Reaction score
City, State
cincinnati
Year, Model & Trim Level
My daughters 2006 Explorer has some electrical issue. At first her passenger window would not wind down,so I changed the regulator and motor, same problem. I noticed under the glove box a type of juction box, if I move the wires a little bit I loose remote function and door locks will not work from door rest, if I move them a little more I regain function. Is there some type of resister in this box that could be bad. Thanks, Mark

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm not familiar with that specific problem, but if you are interested in fixing the problem yourself and plan to do future repairs yourself, I suggest that you invest in a repair cd. I found mine on Ebay. The cd will help you troubleshoot anything and everything. It was the first thing I bought along with a Haynes manual when I bought my '06 X back in '08. Something like this. Just a suggestion.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2006-FORD-E...anuals_Literature&hash=item4167739de5&vxp=mtr

Thank you! Just ordered my 2007 manual on CD.

But what I cannot believe is this:
"Content on the DVD is owned by me or available in the public domain. Licensed as freeware / GNU Open Source License."

Thanks

I will order today. Thanks again, Mark

Passenger window

I did find a broken wire in the drivers side boot, window is working again. I have attached a picture of the box located above the passenger kick cover behind the glove box, cannot find it in wire diagrams. Any help will be appreciated. Cannot figure out how to upload photo. Thanks, Mark

Back