2006 Explorer Heat/AC fan won't shut off | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2006 Explorer Heat/AC fan won't shut off

can anyone post pics of the part please

The blower motor control is different for the automatic temperature control (EATC) system compared to the manual temperature control. The manual system uses a resistor while the EATC uses a module. So you will have to identify your system.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

We have a 2006 Eddie Bauer with dual zone automatic environmental control that just had that problem. Replacing the blower speed control module fixed the problem. Takes 10 min to swap the part. The part number mentioned above was correct. It was $89 at the dealer. Rock Auto also has a matching part.

Once again this part went on our 2007 Mercury Mountaineer. Did anyone else here have to replace this part more than once? We ordered the part again but haven't installed it just yet.

I literally just joined the forum so I could post about this. I have used this forum now on over 5 different issues and forum members have saved me a ton of $$$, so I wanted to return the favor.

This is a 10 minute fix. I tried to add photos, but it would not allow me...have to figure that one out later. If you need the pictures PM me and I can send to you.

1. Buy 6L2Z-19E624-A (Control Module) from Stealership ($75-$140 depending on where you live)

2. Open glove box, push outer edges inward and pull forward - glovebox will drop forward and be out of the way.

3. Once glove boxis out of the way, look to the left side of the opening. Directly to the left of the blower motor (cylindrical black thing) there is a square part which *should* have a green and white sticker - this is the Control Module.

4. Using a 5/16" ratchet and a 4"-6" extension, remove the single screw on the lower right corner. Once the screw is removed, the module can be removed by pulling the bottom portion outwards. Once the metal inards are clear of the compartment, the module can be pulled straight down.

5. Remove the electrical connector by depressing the black tab on the metal fin side of the module, it will pull straight down afterwards.

6. I recommend placing your new module in the hole prior to connecting the electrical connector. First insert the metal fins into the hole. Once this is accomplished, seat the top edge of the connector into the top of the hole. Then, push the bottom in. Hand tighten the screw back in the lower right corner. Using your ratchet, carefully tighten the screw. HAND TIGHTEN ONLY - our vehicle's components don't need a lot of brute force, especially the brittle plastic.

7. Once screwed back in, reconnect the electrical connector.

8. Close your glove box.

9. Pat yourself on the back and go stick the $250 in labor at the dealership in the bank. Or buy yourself something nice.

Cheers!
-Mick

(TAGS: blower stuck on high, blower module replacement, get this air to stop blowing so loud!)

My 08 Limited did the same thing. The dealer told my wife it was the A/C computer control module which lists for $1400 I believe but they had a used one they would sell for $700. Plus $250 for installation and programming. I looked under the dash on the passenger side and saw a little black box with three wires plugged into the fan motor. It was held in by one screw. Rock Auto listed a fan control module that looked just like mine for $65. The new one branded Standard Motor Parts is identical to the original with the same origin (Brazil) so I'm fairly sure it is oem. Installation took about 5 minutes with one screw and plug. The dealer called repeatedly wanting to know when she would be bringing it in. On the third call she told them it was fixed and they asked how. When she told them I replaced the fan control module, they said "oh, we have then in stock at $125."

Would love it if you could send me pics. I have an '08 Explorer Ltd 4x4 and can't find the blower resistor. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
I literally just joined the forum so I could post about this. I have used this forum now on over 5 different issues and forum members have saved me a ton of $$$, so I wanted to return the favor.

This is a 10 minute fix. I tried to add photos, but it would not allow me...have to figure that one out later. If you need the pictures PM me and I can send to you.

1. Buy 6L2Z-19E624-A (Control Module) from Stealership ($75-$140 depending on where you live)

2. Open glove box, push outer edges inward and pull forward - glovebox will drop forward and be out of the way.

3. Once glove boxis out of the way, look to the left side of the opening. Directly to the left of the blower motor (cylindrical black thing) there is a square part which *should* have a green and white sticker - this is the Control Module.

4. Using a 5/16" ratchet and a 4"-6" extension, remove the single screw on the lower right corner. Once the screw is removed, the module can be removed by pulling the bottom portion outwards. Once the metal inards are clear of the compartment, the module can be pulled straight down.

5. Remove the electrical connector by depressing the black tab on the metal fin side of the module, it will pull straight down afterwards.

6. I recommend placing your new module in the hole prior to connecting the electrical connector. First insert the metal fins into the hole. Once this is accomplished, seat the top edge of the connector into the top of the hole. Then, push the bottom in. Hand tighten the screw back in the lower right corner. Using your ratchet, carefully tighten the screw. HAND TIGHTEN ONLY - our vehicle's components don't need a lot of brute force, especially the brittle plastic.

7. Once screwed back in, reconnect the electrical connector.

8. Close your glove box.

9. Pat yourself on the back and go stick the $250 in labor at the dealership in the bank. Or buy yourself something nice.

Cheers!
-Mick

(TAGS: blower stuck on high, blower module replacement, get this air to stop blowing so loud!)

2006 Ford Explorer Limited 4.6 L, V8- I got $95 eBay new part by making a search for “YH-1822”, “YH1822”, only and waiting for someone in the US with a return policy. My symptoms were that the Dash Fan AC was Running at only highest 2 speeds/loud but this part added back ALL fan speeds. The mid seats roof blower was not affected by this part & always worked well. Squeeze the glovebox sides toward the glovebox center to hinge it down, remove 3 screws of glove for working easier, squeeze the electrical connector in direction of front to back of Explorer, seems near the firewall, to remove that electrical connector. I noticed on the YH-1822 that the cooling fins and the face between fins and connector will get HOT at about 200 Degrees F. so be careful and take those precautions & finish the swap per best practices.
Here is the numbers on the firewall side you won’t see of the newer YH-1822: “SHD8 003570 +VAC-U152”. From cab you can see a green sticker like “FoMoCo PN 6L24-19E624-AA, Made In Brazil (original) Mexico (newer), Date Code 6E10B (orig) 1H16B (newer), EE05J (orig) EE0AA (newer)”. Apologies if confusing, just want to give back.

Attachments

• 04398F46-D765-4B85-9000-170942BA574C.jpeg
    04398F46-D765-4B85-9000-170942BA574C.jpeg
    138.1 KB · Views: 73
  • E6554AB7-28B4-441F-85AB-F9A12AD7AC26.jpeg
    E6554AB7-28B4-441F-85AB-F9A12AD7AC26.jpeg
    152.6 KB · Views: 78
  • CA5422AE-3792-4CA9-ADB4-BFC81044A87F.jpeg
    CA5422AE-3792-4CA9-ADB4-BFC81044A87F.jpeg
    95.5 KB · Views: 88
  • 518AAA66-B2BC-4D5D-BB79-31778C400CE6.jpeg
    518AAA66-B2BC-4D5D-BB79-31778C400CE6.jpeg