2006 explorer limited making me crazy | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2006 explorer limited making me crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnydop19

Reaction score
City, State
Southern Pines, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 limited
Ladies and gentleman,
I have been a member here for a while however, this is my first port. I have been the proud owner of a 2006 Explorer Limited for 6 years now. I've been chasing some demons for about 16 months. It started with the P0455 code. Changed the gas cap with a Ford cap from the dealer. Code came back. Then I started getting the gas cap off warning light and the P0455 . Replaced the Canister Purge Valve under the hood and the vent canister solenoid under the truck on the passenger frame. Still intermittently get the gas cap light, regularly get the P0455. Started having some issues while attempting to fill up. Had to start barely pumping gas in for it not to shut the pump off. Had a couple of smoke tests done during that time and neither shop could find the leak.
Now I am getting the following codes:
P0135, P0141, P0155, P0161 all about the O2 sensors:
as well as:
P0443, P0456, P0455, P0456, P0457, and the gas cap light.

Any thoughts?

Ladies and gentleman,
I have been a member here for a while however, this is my first port. I have been the proud owner of a 2006 Explorer Limited for 6 years now. I've been chasing some demons for about 16 months. It started with the P0455 code. Changed the gas cap with a Ford cap from the dealer. Code came back. Then I started getting the gas cap off warning light and the P0455 . Replaced the Canister Purge Valve under the hood and the vent canister solenoid under the truck on the passenger frame. Still intermittently get the gas cap light, regularly get the P0455. Started having some issues while attempting to fill up. Had to start barely pumping gas in for it not to shut the pump off. Had a couple of smoke tests done during that time and neither shop could find the leak.
Now I am getting the following codes:
P0135, P0141, P0155, P0161 all about the O2 sensors:
as well as:
P0443, P0456, P0455, P0456, P0457, and the gas cap light.

Any thoughts?
My apologies, I figured out where to post and have reposted this listing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back