• Register Today It's free!

2006 Heater/AC control problem

WVrider

Reaction score
City, State
Martinsburg, West Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006, Explorer Limited
My 2006 Explorer that has Dual controls for driver/passenger is blowing heat on drivers side and AC on passenger side even with the Dual setting in the off position. If I turn Dual setting on with both sides set to 80 degrees it still blows cold air. Can anyone give me a clue on this problem?

My 2006 Explorer that has Dual controls for driver/passenger is blowing heat on drivers side and AC on passenger side even with the Dual setting in the off position. If I turn Dual setting on with both sides set to 80 degrees it still blows cold air. Can anyone give me a clue on this problem?

Pretty sure that this is a “blend door” or Air Door Actuator (of which there are two - one for each side). Each responds to a call for heat or AC and opens or closes accordingly. In my case, the pasenger side hot would eventually shift to cool. I unplugged the electrical connector to it and it hasn’t gone back to hot. You can get to it by pulling off the side panel (just above the carpet) and looking up under the upper panel down from the radio. Utube has a video for changing out the blend door...but not for the two in the dual Climate System yet. Looks like a buggar to do. I’m waiting for the new one to arrive since the knock-off from Auto Zone wasn’t right. The Ford part number for both is 19E616. Good luck.

Thank you very much. I appreciate your help. I will check this out

Back