2006 Mountaineer HID lamps? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2006 Mountaineer HID lamps?

Waiting for delivery of an 06 Mounty Premier next week. While the car is fully loaded with every conceivable option
(White LED Tails, DVD navigation, power running boards, the 4.6 292-hp V8, power folding seats, etc....) how can Ford/L/M not offer the car with HIDS when they are putting them on lower priced cars and Fords. I know the 05 aviator comes with the HIDs. The dealer seemed to imply that the Mountaineers head lamp design did not lend itself to HID lamps(i.e. projections) so Ford decided not to offer it. Anyone have any ideas of a system that would work on this car? Would it be similar to the 05 and prior design? I'm not even sure of the bulb type yet.

Lincolns aviator is not exactly Ford - it's just a Ford line. The aviator is a "high-end" vehicle. I am surprised as well that ford's don't have them yet -- but I guess they don't feel like spending the money!

-Drew

Suprising the new ones didn't have that as an option. Although the Aviator doesn't have projectors. Has a very good beam it seems though.

ya, that sucks that they didn't put them in.. oh well

Back