2007 explorer automatic door lock issue | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2007 explorer automatic door lock issue

Mbanda24

Reaction score
City, State
California
Year, Model & Trim Level
The only door that will lock and unlock on my explorer is the driver's side door. All the other doors will only unlock but not lock whether I use my key remote or use the door control. Any suggestions

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Driver's side which door ?
Also, do you have an aftermarket starter or alarm ?
I went thru a nightmare with mine when the local shop spliced the harness for the alarm, and it corroded over time.
The switches in the door do not supply 12v power to the locks, they just ground them.

Driver's side which door ?
Also, do you have an aftermarket starter or alarm ?
I went thru a nightmare with mine when the local shop spliced the harness for the alarm, and it corroded over time.
The switches in the door do not supply 12v power to the locks, they just ground them.
The only door that works properly is the drivers side door. The other doors will unlock but not lock with the key chain remote or the door control. I do no have an an alarm on the vehicle. All stock

1. The only door that works properly is the drivers side door. The other doors will unlock but not lock with the key chain remote or the door control. I do no havean an alarm on the vehicle. All stock

OK, Let's try again....................unless you have a 2 door Explorer (never heard of 2 door model in 2007), you have 2 doors on the driver's side.
My question was which one on the driver's side, front or rear ?
I assume the driver side front door locks are working.
I would pull the master switch and check the contacts.

OK, Let's try again....................unless you have a 2 door Explorer (never heard of 2 door model in 2007), you have 2 doors on the driver's side.
My question was which one on the driver's side, front or rear ?
I assume the driver side front door locks are working.
I would pull the master switch and check the contacts.
Sorry, yes meant only driver's door is working. I will pull the master switch and check the contacts. Thanks

Back