2007 explorer no reverse or drive

jppaulc

Reaction score
City, State
oak lawn
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 explorer 4.0 4wd
hi everybody new to this,looking for some ideas
my 2007 4.0 4wd explorer , reverse and drive suddenly went out, u could tell gears engaged had very little power or movement,was shifting fine no indications the were problems, a wrench light came on code said p1700
i replaced filter and fluid,this did not correct problem,so replaced valve body and sioliond pack, this still did not work, 1st and 2nd work , was hoping not to replace trans,just seams that work fine & suddenly no reverse or drive if it something eletronic? org fluid was little dirty ,magnet had very little drbris ,any ideas?

Well I hate to say its probally the transmission.
Here is one thread I found on it.
p1700 transmission code / issue

If you google p1700 ford 5r55s you will find lots of info. On the first page neer the bottom (this is on my mobile device) there is a 5r55 w/s diagnosis pdf for a 2002 vehicle (it most likely still applies). In it there is the diag for the p1700.

my 2007 4.0 4wd explorer , reverse and drive suddenly went out, u could tell gears engaged had very little power or movement,was shifting fine no indications the were problems, a wrench light came on code said p1700
i replaced filter and fluid,this did not correct problem,so replaced valve body and sioliond pack, this still did not work, 1st and 2nd work , was hoping not to replace trans,just seams that work fine & suddenly no reverse or drive if it something eletronic? org fluid was little dirty ,magnet had very little drbris ,any ideas?
When my 07 did that it w!s transmission rebuild time. Sorry.

[/Q
Well I hate to say its probally the transmission.
Here is one thread I found on it.
p1700 transmission code / issue

If you google p1700 ford 5r55s you will find lots of info. On the first page neer the bottom (this is on my mobile device) there is a 5r55 w/s diagnosis pdf for a 2002 vehicle (it most likely still applies). In it there is the diag for the p1700.
thanks so much people i feared a rebuild just didnt want to admit it

Back