This Explorer is BEAUTIFUL!!!

GLOCKer

Reaction score
City, State
Marietta, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Explorer Limited
Damn! I want this! LOL
The front bumper has been tweaked and the driver seat looks to have a little wear, but it's only got around 76K miles!

1997 Ford Explorer XLT - TWO OWNER - 76K MILES | eBay

97%20Ford%20Bronco%20Gold003_zpsm8bppker.jpg

97%20Ford%20Bronco%20Gold008_zpsldtpcrdp.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I saw the link after I asked.
Added:That is very nice though. It looks like it was never taken off of the pavement and doesn't have the McDonalds curse either.
I'm sure that you as well as I do considering our locations have seen several in good condition. Very light damage. No exposure to salt. Didn't deliver rural mail or newspapers. But that one there, two owner 76K miles...Wow!
I recently acquired a 1997 4.0 SOHC 4dr 130K . 4 matching tires ~ 2 years old. Decent condition needing a little work for $400-

Yeah...that's in mint condition....and being the 4.0 OHV the engines just broken in now :) .....300K more to go.....

Eh. That’s a lot of cash for a 2wd V6. Keep in mind things often photograph WAY better than they are. I’d rather spend 2,500 and put 2,000 into something.

Actually the price is looking reasonable. From your link here is one with about the same amount of miles but the interior is a little screwed up for just under that price the other one is going for, granted this one is 4x4: Ford Explorer 4X4 SUV 4WD Sport Utility 1 Owner Government ONLY...

Not that it actually matters; I'm not in the market for one.

Only our freaking government can sell a car in good condition with 75,000 miles.

They had it 22 years, they got their money’s worth. I can’t believe they didn’t sell it much sooner. I bet it timing chains rattle, or the 5r55e is about to take a dump. Keeping it this long means they don’t have a planned vehicle retirement, so there’s probably a looming issue.

I guess on second look it’s an OHV.

Is anyone else noticing the different colored areas on both sides?

upload_2019-1-24_7-26-19.png

I think that is some kind of coating to protect against road rash. I recall one of my past Explorers had that. But, did anyone notice the "Antique" plates on it? Made me laugh...like when I spotted a 1989 Ford Taurus this past summer with "Collector" plates on it. It, too, was in very clean condition.

The circled piece is a wear sticker to keep dings and scuffs off the paint.

Meh, it's an V6 XLT, It looks extremely clean (a bit too clean) in the photos, it's one of the least desirable colors with cloth interior, super low miles isn't always a good thing on a 22 year old vehicle, it's at a "Classic Car" dealership, it's way overpriced for for a '97 IMO.

I don't trust used vehicles that have been detailed to death. I'd much rather see a well kept used vehicle that has an honest look to it. Who knows how it looked before being uber-detailed.

With its age and miles, maybe it should be at a Barrett-Jackson or Mecum classic car auction, where IDK if it would bring that kind of money. If I wanted that vehicle (which I don't) I wouldn't consider paying more than $3,000 for it. JMO.

Is anyone else noticing the different colored areas on both sides?

View attachment 166929

That's not just a protector, looks like there is an irregular surface there so it's either hiding rust, rust was painted over without filler, or it's just masking tape.

I'm wondering if this is a flood vehicle considering the hurricanes in both TX and FL in the last couple years. On the other hand the listing does state rust free and "purchase by Florida Owner #2 in 2014" which would have saved it from the 2017 TX hurricane harvey but not Florida's.

Remember that the value of a vehicle depends on what similar are selling for, not the high initial ask price.

"I guess on second look it’s an OHV."
Yeah it is....I ran the VIN from Ebay ad at Ford-Trucks dot com...although that doesn't list exact engine in this case it states rated HP which shows the whopping 160HP = OHV.
Signed.
Monk

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just looked at the VIN, lol.

Back