2007 Explorer Rear View Mirror | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2007 Explorer Rear View Mirror

timbo1213

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Explorer Limited
Hey,

Does anyone know what functions the rear view mirror in a 2007 Ford Explorer Limited has. I am thinking about replacing it with that OnStar Mirror but I want to find out what functions the rear view mirror has first. I know that it has the auto-dimming feature but does the mirror also control the compass in the vehicle and also the auto-headlights? I dont want to replace the mirror and then lose all of those features.

The round thing that is attached to the bottom of the mirror is for the compass so you will have to leave that. Be aware of who you have install the new mirror. fords mirrors are some of the MOST difficult on the market to get off. some dealers wont even try since if you do it worng it can break the windshield

Well they say that if you buy the mirror at Best Buy they will install it for free. I have also heard from some people that the auto headlights sensor is built into the back of the mirror... is that true?

I would check to see if best buys have the CORRECT tools to remove a ford mirror. Otherwise they could be spending time and money getting you a new window. then you could be without a vehicle for a few days... There are even some dealers that wont do mirror removals if they need to.

The headlight sensor is the little "redish" bubbles on the dash.

Back