2007 Explorer seat retract will driving | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2007 Explorer seat retract will driving

anduy greener

Reaction score
City, State
Oak Harbor, Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Ford Explorer Eddie
My seat in my 2007 Eddie Bauer retracts sometimes while driving. Like it does when you remove the key. But if I wiggle it, if fixes it. Anyone else encounter this issue? Thanks, Andy

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't know much about resolving your issue but you can disable the "Easy Entry/Exit" feature in the Setup menu to possibly keep it from occurring until you fix the problem.

Yes. It was the ignition switch cylinder - it wears and the key jiggles & it thinks you're removing and inserting it which triggers the memory seat.

You can replace just the cylinder relatively inexpensively and easily. Video here:

As I recall the cylinder came with a whole bag of tumblers but the video shows simply removing and replacing the old ones.

I don't know much about resolving your issue but you can disable the "Easy Entry/Exit" feature in the Setup menu to possibly keep it from occurring until you fix the problem.
Thankyou Eddie.

Yes. It was the ignition switch cylinder - it wears and the key jiggles & it thinks you're removing and inserting it which triggers the memory seat.

You can replace just the cylinder relatively inexpensively and easily. Video here:

As I recall the cylinder came with a whole bag of tumblers but the video shows simply removing and replacing the old ones.

Thankyou. Looks like it should be pretty easy to change that out. Andy

Back