• Register Today It's free!

2008 EB Navigation Upgrade?

flyinrazrback

Reaction score
City, State
San Antonio
Year, Model & Trim Level
08' Eddie Bauer Explorer
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I just bought a 08' EB Explorer with the stock system and would like to upgrade it to the navigation system. How much on average is it to buy all the required items to make it work? Does the factory navigation unit have an ipod adapter? Looking at what I would need to make it all work, etc. Here is an after market unit as well, anyone seen or heard about this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/06-0...433637QQptZCarQ5fAudioQ5fVideo#ht_7077wt_1044

Or is there another after market unit that people like better that you can still use the steering wheel controls?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Its close to a factory looking unit as you can get without needing a dash kit or anything.

You will also need an antenna adaptor. i believe that radio only come with the "standard" plug and it needs to be adapted to the ex.

I am still waiting to hear back from them if the steering wheel controls can still be used. Thats a deal breaker for me if they cannot.

Those look nice, will have to see if I can still use the steering wheel controls.

Pioneer doesnt make the extra module needed for the wheel controls. Its a company called PAC audio. The modules run about an extra 50-100 just depends on which one is needed for the radio-and vehicle. They will for sure work with the pioneer.

http://www.pac-audio.com/productSea...del=Explorer&ModelId=1572&Year=2008&YearId=19

The one on the bottom may be the one that you may work with the radio you have in the 1st post. SWI-X. This module you program with your remote that comes with the radio, and you mount the "eye" of this module to aim at the radio.

If you go with the pioneer, you will ne a dash kit, wire harness, and antenna adaptor. most stores this will run anywhere from 50 or so on up.

Back