2008 Explorer 4.0 V6 XLT battery problems | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2008 Explorer 4.0 V6 XLT battery problems

Tino Herrera

Reaction score
City, State
Cypress
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 explorer XLT 4.0 V6
So when I try to start the truck it acts as though there's no battery power. I jumped the truck and it ran fine for 15 minutes, until I turned it off and it wouldn't start again, lost all power again. No lights inside or outside the truck for a few minutes. Took the battery out and took it to a auto parts store where they said the battery was good but low on charge so they charged it and I got it back the next day. I put it back in the Explorer and it just clicked and lost all power again. After a few minutes the lights came back on and the keyless alarm remote started working again. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Battery connections, bad or corroded ground wire at battery or frame. I would not rule out the battery is weak either. How old is it?

Battery was replaced 7 months ago along with battery positive terminal. The ground terminal looks good, along with everything else. The dealership did the work.

You will need a meter and measure voltage at various points. EG to the Power distribution box, pertinent fuses are getting at least 12VDC etc.

Back