2008 Super Duty! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2008 Super Duty!

Rick said:
Just as long as it isn't an '07 Cummins... I bet they will have their share of initial problems with the new emissions too.
i was taking about the 94-98 mechanical pump cummins.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

http://www.backglass.org/duncan/2008sd/
pics from a pirate link..

I think it looks good, interior is weak, but i don't mind the front end. Bottom line, I've become a Cummins fan. Until Ford can give and prove to me why I should change, my tow rigs will be Dodge...

I just came back from the Orange County Auto Show and saw the new 2008 Super Duty there. The front end grille is pretty large, also the interior looks a little cheap, especially the dash area. I was thinking about a new tow vehicle like the 450 Super Duty. I don't know, will have to think about this one. It will go on sale as early as Feb. or March 2007.

I'm planning on keeping my F250 till I get 300k plus miles on it.

Damn things are way too expensive now..

according to spas who works at a ford dealer it will have twin sequential turbos, to eliminate turbo lag to the tune of 650 FT/LBS factory. :D

Just saw an '08 going down the road. That's a nice '07 you have there though! F550s are bad ass!:thumbsup:

I think that ford has been using almost the exact same power seat switch in everything for at least 10 years now.

I think that ford has been using almost the exact same power seat switch in everything for at least 10 years now.

Lots of stuff in the SD's is old styled equipment. They have maintained the steering wheel from the <97 Trucks, same seat switches, shift levers...

I drove an '08 F450 yesterday and I liked it alot. The new 6.4 had alot less lag than my old 6.0 and has an interior much like my F150. The new trucks still handle the same because they didnt change much suspension wise. I am waiting on the dealership to get in an extended cab for me to look at because I may be ordering one to replace the f150 soon.

Lots of stuff in the SD's is old styled equipment. They have maintained the steering wheel from the <97 Trucks, same seat switches, shift levers...

I drove an '08 F450 yesterday and I liked it alot. The new 6.4 had alot less lag than my old 6.0 and has an interior much like my F150. The new trucks still handle the same because they didnt change much suspension wise. I am waiting on the dealership to get in an extended cab for me to look at because I may be ordering one to replace the f150 soon.

Thats quite a jump 150 to 450, they are very nice trucks. I've always been a fan of ford trucks although the problematic 6.0 steered me away from buying one. I thought the seat switches were funny because those look almost identical to the ones used in 1st gen explorers.

Thats quite a jump 150 to 450, they are very nice trucks. I've always been a fan of ford trucks although the problematic 6.0 steered me away from buying one. I thought the seat switches were funny because those look almost identical to the ones used in 1st gen explorers.

the F450 was the only one they had in stock. I am interested in an extended cab F250 PSD. I used to have a 6.0 and had absolutely no trouble out if it.

Since it is getting time to replace my '05 F150, I have been test driving all of the new truck that just came out. I think the new Tundra is kinda funny looking though. The Titan is high on my list :)

Back