2009 Ford Explorer Sport Trac no turn signals or flashers | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2009 Ford Explorer Sport Trac no turn signals or flashers

Jcassar45

Reaction score
City, State
Staten Island
Year, Model & Trim Level
2009 Explorer Sport Trac
Hey All. I'm stumped here. I tried changing out the high top 3rd brake light on my '09 Sport Trac with an aftermarket one. The brake light casing was missing the outer bulb casings (clear casings) and all 3 bulbs were blown out/damaged. Plugged it all in no problem. Outer LED's lit up, nothing in the middle when I hit the brakes. Went to test the turn signals and I got the "check RF turn signal" alongside "check RR turn signal". Same for the left side. The indicators on the dash flash fast, but NO Signals whatsoever. So I bought new regular bulbs and plugged them in. Still the same result. Never had this issue before I tried replacing the 3rd brake light. Haven't checked the fuses yet. Just stumped as what could be causing this, all of a sudden. Anyone ever experience this?! Any input would be deeply appreciated. Thanks.

late reply, but it sounds like some fuses blew.
you can go to fleetford.com, and download a owners manual for your truck if you do not already have the owners manual.
in that manual all the fuses, amperages, and functions will be listed for the 3? fuseboxes in the truck

late reply, but it sounds like some fuses blew.
you can go to fleetford.com, and download a owners manual for your truck if you do not already have the owners manual.
in that manual all the fuses, amperages, and functions will be listed for the 3? fuseboxes in the truck
Thanks for the reply. The fuse for the turn signals was bad. Got that fixed. Yet the fuse for the horn was fine.

Thanks for the reply. The fuse for the turn signals was bad. Got that fixed. Yet the fuse for the horn was fine.
Sounds like the problem expanded - horn not working?
The Horns suck a$$, not sure if the terminals rust or what but they usually fail or sound very weak.

Back