2010 Ford ranger XLT 4x4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2010 Ford ranger XLT 4x4

Lindy33

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Ford Ranger XLT
Replacing Rear parking brake shoes in 2010 Ford Ranger.Rear parking brake shoes are now in drum of disc brake rotor.(this was the first year Disc brakes were put on rear wheels of ranger) I have removed the disc brake pads,Rotor and parking brake pads.I have installed drum brakes in other vehicles however I can't seem to install the new parking pads,I am having trouble with the spring that connects the shoes.I can't pull the spring long enough to connect to other shoe.When I took apart the spring it was located behind the shoes connecting both together.Is there a special order or procedure to installing this spring?Why is the spring located between the shoe and the backplate.This seems to be almost impossable to pull the spring in place when it is between the backplate and brake shoe.ANY HELP ON THIS?:mad:

I am not familiar with the 2010 Ranger rear brakes. I know they went to disc brakes but have never heard of drum parking brakes with disc brakes. I don't understand why they would do that.

I always had a difficult time with the springs on regular drum brakes and imagine this system would be even more difficult to work with. Unfortunately, I have no answers.

Back