2010 mountaineer auto climate control | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2010 mountaineer auto climate control

nebdan

Reaction score
City, State
Nebraska
With dual auto climate control and temps around 25 to 30 after about 10 miles and interior is warmed up we get cold air coming from side window defroster vents when there is hot air coming from floor vent. The air is so cold that it will make my head freeze. Is this normal or is there something wrong with it. It does emit warm air when the car is cold inside but once things are warmed up it is cold air. The dealer looked at it but of course when they tried it the interior was cold and it worked ok. I am wondering how others work and wether or not we have a problem. Thanks for now Dan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did you ever find a solution to this issue? I think it recently started on my 201 Explorer.

I had the same problem since my '06 was brand new. The consensus is that it's "normal". See here for more details.

Thanks for the post, Steve

I have discovered a number of these "features" on my newer Explorer. I didn't have them on my older version of this same generation.

Some "feature". Microsoft must have written this software. Took my lunch to try and search this out as it didn't seem like a blend door issue. Might have to fudge the temp sensor or find some other fix for this one. How is it allowing cold air up there when everything is set to warm below? I need to find a good diagram on how all of this works! Anyone know where I can find this? I might need to order up a service manual.

Is it only the dual climate system?

If those little defroster vents were not where they are, it probably wouldn't be noticeable and the system would probably make sense. This "software" configuration probably came out of another vehicle and was not re-designed for the Explorer.

Thanks for confirming this was an issue when new, Steve.

Back