2013 Explorer Engines | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 Explorer Engines

Can someone explain to me why ford rushing the 2013 model? Specially when there is no new engines introduced and all the "minor" fixes can be done under the 2012 model specially since ford never officially admitted of having them. As for the lane-change thing i don't thing it is something couldn't wait for a couple of months.. Any thoughts

Waiting for 3.5L Ecoboost and Fixes

My Flex with AWD and EcoBoost has some torque steer when you stand on it, but its not bad. Don't have much to compare it to because I don't have any history with FWD vehicles.

I don't know if Ford is putting the 3.5 EcoBoost in the explorer, but they should. I know a few people who won't be replacing their current V8 explorers with the new one because of the lack of V8 (or similar) option and lack of body on frame design. (merited or not)

We have a 2004 Explorer Limited V8 fully loaded and love it. It is a beautiful SUV. In the places we drive, powerful 0-60 is an important safety tool as a way to quickly adjust speed to surrounding traffic. Average freeway speed is 10-20 mph over the speed limit mixed with people driving 10-20 below the speed limit. I imagine Ford is trying to get the technology right and balance out all the economic and other issues. We'll just have to be patient until they get it right.

This is our 5th Explorer. If Ford doesn't get on the stick, however, with a model that has a comfort and power equivalent to what we have now, we will have to start looking elsewhere. I would hate that, but feel that we have been loyal to Ford for a long time and we expect them to return the favor.

BTW, I just recently started reading postings on this forum. I really appreciate all the comments.

I just returned a flex as loaner for my 2012 exploere awd limited 3.5 and I was surprised by the power and responsiveness of the flex. Way much better than the Ex. i didn't check the engine but i saw the ecoboost logo. Whatever they have under the hood they should offer it with the Ex.

I just returned a flex as loaner for my 2012 exploere awd limited 3.5 and I was surprised by the power and responsiveness of the flex. Way much better than the Ex. i didn't check the engine but i saw the ecoboost logo. Whatever they have under the hood they should offer it with the Ex.

Ecoboost on a Flex means 355hp and 350lb-ft of torque. That would definitely be nice in the Ex! I wonder how bad the mileage would be...

Back