2013 Explorer hissing and ac warm | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 Explorer hissing and ac warm

wxgary23

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 ford explorer XLT
I getting occasional hissing sounds and occasionally ac blows warm. Took to dealership. They found nothing. Anyone have these issues with ac?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Some 2011 models had a problem with the Blend Door Actuator sticking. There is a TSB on it in the 'Sticky' section. It is shown as TSB 12-1-8 DUAL AUTOMATIC TEMPERATURE CONTROL (DATC) - BLEND DOOR ACTUATOR INOPERATIVE.
Not sure if that might be the issue.
Also, please add the model of your Explorer to your profile so that it shows in the margin when you post and we will know which one you are referring to.

Peter

Thank you for the information. Profile updated.

What do you mean by hissing?

What is your temperature set at when it won't cool?

Does it happen after hard acceleration? The AC will temporarily shut off under engine load to provide more power to the drivetrain, but then it will kick back on again afterward.

I took to a second dealer and they replace the ac temperature module and all is working much better. Understand your point about the rapid acceleration though.

I took to a second dealer and they replace the ac temperature module and all is working much better. Understand your point about the rapid acceleration though.

I'm glad to hear that the second dealership got you fixed up, wxgary23. Be sure to keep us updated on the repair; if you need any help in the future, I'll be here. :thumbsup:

Crystal

Back