2013 Ford Explorer XLT Rear camera replacement | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 Ford Explorer XLT Rear camera replacement

gabik

Reaction score
City, State
Tel Aviv
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer XLT 2013
Hi Guys,
I have read some of the related topics here in the forum about my issue,
The rear camera is working fine on the first few minutes I am starting the engine, and stops after ~5 minutes.
Correct me if I am wrong, but I understood that the issue is in the camera itself, and it need to be replaced.

I saw some original part DB5T-19G490-AB for about 250-300$ before shipping, and 90$ on AliExpress
US $89.0 |Rear View Backup Parking Camera DB5T 19G490 AD DB5T 19G490 AB For Ford Explorer 3.5L V6 2013-in Vehicle Camera from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Which I guess is replica.

What should I buy? does the chinese one works with the guidance lines? or should I take no risks and buy the original?

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This is my part number: db5t-19g430-ab,
You sent me EB5Z-19g430-a

Do you have any idea what's the differences / where can i check this?
Thanks!

IMG_20190604_185425.jpg

Part numbers change all the time. You can contact that person and provide your VIN and they will verify. When I bought mine, they requested my VIN before they would ship to insure it was correct.

Sorry for the spelling errors lol. You are welcome.

Thanks, i checked this site, but looks like it replaced db5z, i have db5t, not sure what the differences are, but as blwnsmoke said, looks like it will be compatible
FYI, db5t-19g430-ab does not exist on either the Ford Parts or Auto Nation Ford site.

Peter

Yea, its old part, replaced by the EB5Z, already ordered, should be here in a week or so, will update the post with the progress :)

Yea, its old part, replaced by the EB5Z, already ordered, should be here in a week or so, will update the post with the progress :)

The camera will work out of the box but if you have the backup lines and red/yellow/green parking sensors, it will need to be reprogrammed for that part to function.

I havent reprogrammed mine yet and may not.

Forscan is free, you just have to get the license (free). I do not believe that will work. You will need an adapter that has a switch to program multiple modules.

Screenshot_20190605-130721_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Forscan is free, you just have to get the license (free). I do not believe that will work. You will need an adapter that has a switch to program multiple modules.

View attachment 170931
Fyi, you can also buy licenses now so that a renewal every 2 months is no longer necessary.

I have a Ford Explorer 2013 XLT and changed the camera but now the lines are curved. Any idea how to fix it?
Do the lines move as you turn the wheels? Do you have Active Park Assist? Did you get the new camera programmed to your vehicle?

Peter

Do the lines move as you turn the wheels? Do you have Active Park Assist? Did you get the new camera programmed to your vehicle?

Peter
Hi Peter - the lines do not move. I do not have active park assist. My husband installed it today and didn't program anything.

Hi Peter - the lines do not move. I do not have active park assist. My husband installed it today and didn't program anything.
When a camera is replaced, it has to be programmed to the vehicle it is installed in. It can be done with IDS (dealer) or using FORScan.

Peter

When a camera is replaced, it has to be programmed to the vehicle it is installed in. It can be done with IDS (dealer) or using FORScan.

Peter
Is there a website I can go to and do you know what we need? Do we have to go to the dealer?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is there a website I can go to and do you know what we need? Do we have to go to the dealer?
I'm not aware of any websites. I believe you have to get into the vehicle's software settings. I think some members have used FORScan to do the programming. That is another tool that allows you to edit/change software settings.

Peter

Back